This Is Us

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Easter is here and gone...

I can't believe it is almost the end of March! Myka has been on Easter/Spring break for the past week and a half! He goes back monday...

We've had a great, relaxing break. Heck I LOVED the sleeping in part (yes, 7:30 is sleeping in for us). We went to church for Easter Sunday and had a nice relaxing day at Grandma's house.... Myka swam in his play clothes (yes it is warm enough to swim here in Florida in March) and we did his easter egg hunt and all the normal traditions before having dinner. Here are some pics of our Easter festivities:



This past week we just did stuff around the house, Myka is doing Tae Kwan Do now, which he loves, and so he does that on Tues and Thurs after school. So we went to those, he has his weekly Occ Therapy for his sensory processing , and we got a great "Program" for both home and school to follow. At home we will be doing a daily routine of Brushing in the am, afternoon and before bed, his Therapudic Listening which are some really cool headphone that he listens to modulated cd's which we borrow from his OT - he does this twice a day, too. Then we have a little "exercise" plan to help strengthen his coordination, his core and his motor skills. So he does those twice a day except on the days that he does Tae Kwan Do, his OT, or does some other vigorous exercising - then he only does it once on those days.

We've been doing these excercises for over a week now and I can see an improvement in his coordination - and the Tae Kwan Do is also helping a lot - with his coordination, getting exercise and with his confidence!

He already earned his firsat stripe on his white belt and he is super proud! So I'll have to get a pic next time and share it here....

So now we are down to the last weekend of break - then we have the long haul to the end of school - about 8 more weeks without a break! Since his school times spring break with easter break and Easter was so early this year - it will be getting rough towards the last few weeks of school LOL

I also worked a lot this past week on my online Algebra course - since I graduated with my AA about 4 years ago - they changed a match class I had taken from 4 to 3 credit hours. Well now that I'll be applying to the nursing program - I now need that one math credit for the requirements for the program. So I am taking an online Algebra class, which I am seriously procrastinating at - and so I worked this week and getting caught up some.

Still have a plan to apply for the nursing program - the deadline for the day program is May 15th to apply. I just wish I could secure a solid job with the hospital - as my position at the school will be up when school is out the end of May... So I have been doing some praying for something to pan out for me there....

No comments: